The Foundation Leo Polak presents two prizes available for a master thesis on a topic in the field of personal meanings of life and/or humanization of society. A first prize of € 1.250,- and a second prize of € 500,-. The prizes will be awarded by an independent jury.
The prize is intended for students at a Dutch-speaking university or for Dutch-speaking Belgians and Dutchmen at a foreign university who in the academic year 2012-2013 have completed a master thesis.
The themes are:
- Rituals of life
- The pressure of busyness
- Debt crisis and moral boundaries
The assessment criteria are:
- Scientific quality
- Presentation and design
The thesis must be assessed by a member of the scientific staff of a Dutch university or Dutch-speaking Belgian university. Only this person is allowed to submit the thesis. The thesis itself should be submitted under a pseudonym, i.e. the name of the author (s) may not in any way be listed on or in the thesis. The thesis is written in the Dutch or English language.
The deadline is October 1, 2013. Submissions solely as a Word file on USB stick or CD-R, accompanied by 3 printed copies and a recommendation letter from the thesis supervisor why the thesis is eligible for a price. Submit at the address below.
Members of the jury
- Leo Samama : musicologist, composer, president of the Leo Polak Foundation (president of the jury);
- Mw. drs. Ina Brouwer, former teacher practical humanistics;
- Prof. dr. Joachim Duyndam, Socrates philosophy professor in particular regarding humanism, human beings and mental resilience;
- Prof. dr. Alexander Maas, extraordinary professor of the discipline humanization of care;
- Wim Blokland, humanisticus.
For further information: Secretariat of the Leo Polak thesis prize, Roy Jansen, The University of Humanistic Studies, Postbus 797, 3500 AT Utrecht, tel. 030 2390119, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org